Monday, June 6, 2011

Dawn of the Voyageur

(cruising along Highway 11: mid-morning)
I'm beginning to feel real excitement about this whole canoe trip.
I think it might be some adjusting first. Who knew this Canadian-turned-Lancaster girl would have to adjust to the lack of noise, people, and fast-paced life.
Everywhere I look I see trees, small lakes, trees, endless road, and more trees.
The fam is getting the camera out just in case we see any wildlife, like a mosquito.
Um, yes, I think we're starting to become more and more like tourists.
After crossing the border we did our little stop at Timmy's tradition. Next time I think I'll get a large iced coffee instead of a small. It's just that good.

Ah. I can't wait to see a sunset like this again. It's been too long.
We're talking, thinking about, and living for the canoe trip at this point. We also came up with French names(and one Indian), mostly so we feel like we're voyageurs instead of amateurs. (ha!)
I'll leave it to you to guess who is who...
Au revoir! ~Dominique for Papa Jacque, Mama little running deer, Richard(pronounced ree-shard), Jean Paul, and Pierre.

No comments:

Post a Comment